Mayo Clinic's Arizona branch of OHDR created a Community Advisory Board in summer 2014.
The purpose of the Community Advisory Board is to:
- Understand the needs of the community
- Connect to community members and organizations for potential new research ideas and opportunities
- Vet research ideas and protocols
- Build research capacity in the community by providing education on the value and opportunities around research
Members represent underserved communities, state and local health care organizations, community-based and social services organizations, academic/university faculty and staff, health advocates, lay health workers, community members, and representatives from local school districts.
- Foster collaborations in health-related research
- Facilitate linkages to communities of interest
- Serve as champions of program-related activities
- Build bridges to communities
- Maintain excellence, integrity and efficiency
- Learn about research from Mayo Clinic and Arizona State University researchers, and share this knowledge with community members
For more information, contact Chara Chamie.