Registration is now open for the Arizona Health Equity Conference, to be held on October 30, 2014, at Glendale Civic Center in Glendale, Arizona.
This conference highlights the current health equity research and outreach taking place in Arizona, and connects partners to allow for new collaborations. Attendees include health professionals working in the field of health equity or interested in working to reduce health disparities in Arizona, including physicians, nurses, researchers, clinicians, public health professionals, community health workers, social workers and nonprofit partners.
- Raise awareness about health equity and disparities – nationally and in Arizona, and tailored to researchers, clinicians and public health practitioners
- Provide meaningful networking opportunities among professionals
- Gain clear outcomes, new partnerships and new ideas for research
- Identify paths to improve behavioral and community health
The event includes:
- Keynote speaker Joseph Betancourt, M.D.; director of the Disparities Solutions Center; senior scientist at the Mongan Institute for Health Policy; associate professor of medicine at Harvard Medical School; and director of multicultural education at Massachusetts General Hospital
- World café and poster session
- Breakout sessions: Research, Prevention Clinical, and Policy
- Breakfast and lunch included
Learn more and register for the conference.
Arizona event, Arizona Health Equity Conference, Arizona news, Event, Events, health disparities, Mayo Clinic, News, news