The Mayo Clinic Office of Health Disparities Research (OHDR) is pleased to announce funding awards for five pilot projects in 2015 that will target health disparities in African-American, Somali, Alaska Native and other populations.
The OHDR provides seed funding annually to Mayo Clinic scientists to facilitate research that will lead to extramural funding in health disparities research. Congratulations to these awardees, and thanks to all who submitted applications for these competitive awards.
- Yonas E. Geda, M.D.: “A Feasibility Study to Establish Cognitive Research among African-Americans residing in Peoria, Arizona”
- Scott J. Leischow, Ph.D.: “Somali Tobacco Outreach & Research Initiative (STORI)”
- Mary I. O’Connor, M.D.: “Start Moving, Start Living: Affecting Positive Lifestyle Changes in Rural African-American Women”
- Christi A. Patten, Ph.D.: “Assessing Tobacco Use and Treatment Preferences among Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation Employees”
- Mark L. Wieland, M.D.: “Club Fit: An Intervention to Reduce Disparities in Childhood Obesity at the Boys & Girls Club of Rochester, MN”